The Medical Staff represents all medical specialists working in Aruba, both independent and employed by the Dr. Horacio E. Oduber Hospital.
In 2015, the Medical Staff became an official association: Asociacion Specialista Hospital di Aruba (ASHA).
The goals of ASHA are:- promote optimal quality of medical care for all patients in Aruba
- promote a scientifically responsible, safe and efficient working environment for its members
- promote cooperation and joint responsibility for hospital policy and organization
- promote communication between the medical specialists and other internal and external parties
- promote cooperation with other associations of physicians in Aruba
The Board of the Medical Staf / ASHA consists of:
- Mrs. W. Ponson-Wever (pediatrician), president
- Mr. A. van Straten (radiologist), vice-president and secretary
- Mr. S. Wills (pulmonologist), treasurer
- Mrs. K. Kelly (internal medicine), member
Annual reports ASHA:
- Annual report 2015 (in Dutch)