The Patient Advisory Council (PAR) of the Dr. Horacio E. Oduber Hospitaal represents the interests of patients who visit the hospital or use its facilities. The members of the council are representatives of a patient organization or patient group.
What does the PAR do?
The PAR gives solicited or unsolicited advice to the Board of Directors of the Hospital on the quality of patient care. The well-being of patients and visitors is of utmost importance. The PAR advices on how to improve care and services to patients and visitors.
This includes but is not limited to:
- quality and safety of care offered
- waiting times
- patient information and communication
The members of the PAR are:
- Ms. Ilienne Mansur (chairman)
- Mrs. Ivi Hernandez-Swaen (vice-chairman)
- Mrs. Marieke van der Linden-Bezemer (member)
- Mrs. Marisol Chong-Tromp (member)
- Mr. Mario Boekhoudt (member)
- Mr. Frank Velazquez (member)
- Mrs. Bianca Mezas-Robles (member)
- Ms. Carmen Velazquez (secretary)
The members of the PAR meet 6 times per year and twice a year with the Board of Directors of the Hospital.
Do you, as a patient or visitor of the Hospital, have ideas or suggestions on how we can further improve the quality of our patient care please contact the PAR.
Dr. Horacio E. Oduber Hospital (HOH)
Attn. Patiënten Advies Raad
p/a Carmen Velazquez
Dr. Horacio E. Oduber Boulevard #1, Oranjestad, Aruba
Tel. 527-4157 / Mobile phone 592-9064